Friday, February 12, 2010

and finaly- Be Mine,Valentine!

Today is Valentine's day in the classroom realm. Last night we were all a buzz, making valentine's and talking about who likes who. And my sons are very excited to have a special someone to give a special Valentine to. They worried that she might say no-or what if she said yes. I am just a bit surprised. I don't remember feeling this way in the 3rd or 4th grade. But I hoped the best for them and helped them prepare, pick out cloths to look their best, and have all their valentines ready. They wanted just the right bag for their valentines to go in. And Hailey was in on the whole thing with her Valentine for 'Ben'. She came in with a little pink bag she had found in my room. It said "Victoria Secret" with writing inside that said "give me sexy".
Oh! GIVE ME TIME! No Hailey, you CAN'T put your Valentine's in that. A big Ziplock bag will do just fine.
Wish them luck! I hope they have fun in their class parties. I hope they have the courage to give their Valentine's away. I hope the recipiants receive them with grace and kindness. And I hope they come home realizing Valentine's Day is really just the day you give your mom a big hug-and that's ALL!

6 comments:

The David & Christina Allen Family said...

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY JENNY! I still remember when Kim and I could date...and you had to wait a WHOLE year! I use you as an example everytime my kids complain that I held them back a year in school. I say that I had this friend named Jenny who was SOOOOOO jealous that we could date and drive before her...and to just wait until they are in 10th grade and can do all those oh so coveted things before their friends! Wasn't your first kiss Rhett? Just curious! LOL! How does the time fly so very fast? Love you my friend! Christina

Pack of Robinsons said...

Great to hear from you Christina! First kiss was Jaren-Rhett was his little brother. We need to get together.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED Valentines Day at school. It was so fun to decorate your box and stuff. I remember in the 5th grade, during a class party, in comes Dad with Valentines balloons for me. I was so embarrassed and so angry at him for coming into my class room! No one else had to be embarrassed with a special Valentines gift! So I stood out from everyone else, and turned bright red. What a fool I was.

Jenny said...

Peggy, I just came from Molly's blog sobbing and read your comment, and started laughing! Thank you silly girl! I've been a fool myself at times. Seriously

Anonymous said...

Glad I could make you laugh.

Anonymous said...

oh and I meant what a fool I was for feeling embarrassed and being mad. Not for turning red. Well I guess for that too. But mostly a fool for not appreciating the moment, and my Dad for doing that for me.