Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


I love Halloween! I love the spirit of community.
I've shared this story before but want to share it on a public level. When my father was young he lived in the country so when they went trick-or-treating, my grandmother would make he and his siblings take apples to each house they went to, to 'exchange' because no one came out to their farm house and she didn't think that was fair. Of course my dad and Uncles didn't like this and one year convinced my grandmother to let them trick-or-treat with out the apples. Well one house they went to asked them, "where's my apple?"
I feel this way too! As much as I love to go with my husband and kids trick-or-treating, I feel it my privilege to stay home and hand out candy-even if we only get 10 kids. I wish we got more kids to our street but I don't think many pass out candy here on the block so why should they come (or could it be the sex offender down the street?) Any way, it Halloween and I have the chance to share what I have to any one who braves the block. I'll be waiting, if you want some yummy candy (Nerds and M&M's are our favorites!) and spider rings!

3 comments:

Jen and Joe. said...

Jenny, you're MUCH better than I...especially considering that I just blogged about how much I loathe halloween. If only I were as GOOD AS YOU!

Anonymous said...

SPIDER RINGS! I'LL BE OVER DIRECTLY!!!!

Jenny said...

I'll save you one!