Monday, November 3, 2008

Meet Brucethe Bus driver!


No, he's not a Sara Palin character!
Every Morning my oldest three children get on a school bus and off to school they go. I'm glad for the chance they have to learn, grow and make friends at school. And I am thankful that every morning they have a good bus driver that gets them there safely. Bruce, our bus driver until recently has been driving buses for several years and even took a friends teenager children to elementary school when they were little. He takes his job seriously and always honks if a car going the opposite way doesn't stop at his little temporary stop sign. When my kids got on his bus, I knew I didn't need to worry. When the news highlighted a bus accident or 'incident' (like drunk bus drivers), I quietly counted my blessing of Bruce the Bus driver. Its such a small part of the day, and bus drivers may not be thought of highly or thought of at all. No one really prepares a batch of their best home baked goodies for the holidays like we do for teachers, caregivers or neighbors. But their job is very important to me and the fact that my children get to school and come home safe everyday means the world. Thank you Bruce! We're sad to see you get a knew route and I'd consider moving just to be in your area! We hope our new driver Sonny is as awsome as you!

2 comments:

Jim and Monica McDowell said...

I have to agree with you, Bruce is awesome and always happy to be at work. Jimmy thinks he is awesome too.

Pack of Robinsons said...

I saw Bruce today at the school carnival. We chatted briefly. He has been driving for 12 years and still wakes up happy to go to work!