Friday, October 17, 2008

It's a matter of Interest!


There are two kinds of people in this world, they say. Those who pay interest and those who earn interest. As the daughter of a 'banker' (See:FLB) I was taught to earn interest, but here I am a half life later and life isn't as accommodating. When My husband and I discuss my earning potential, we agree that in 5 years when our youngest is in school, there is a great possibility, but I am a committed stay at home Mom and will wait till then.
So in my mind, as I compute 5 years at such and such interest for what ever emergencies we haven't saved for or can't cover, it can be a depressing thought. But then again... I have four wonderful children whom I would pay anything to spend time with. They are the real interests in my life and the dividend from the foundation I build will really exceed the cost. If you ask my Dad if he is disappointed in me, he would say No! If I learned anything from my dad, I learned I was the real interest! I'm going to teach my children the same lesson.

3 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

What a brilliant wife I have. My interest in you never ceases. - Chris

marlenegetsmail said...

The interest is still there when you can use it. I am enjoying the fruits of all the hard work now, at this time in life. So just keep doing what you are doing eventually you will see some progress. Love Mom

Sharalea said...

and I think it's so cool that your husband compliments you through your blog! Sweetness!