Sunday, December 5, 2010



Nothing says Christmas like the smell of fresh baked Gingerbread and a roof caving in with candy. I love, LOVE this time of year however simple or crazy we make it. A friend of mine is doing 25 days of Christmas activites. So smart. It's horrible to get to Christmas Eve and wonder where the time went. I wondered if I could do the same with some simple, some well planned activites. Here's what we've done so far.
Dec 1st-Finished putting up Christmas Decorations inside
Dec 2nd Hubby put the lights up outside.
Dec 3rd Annual Gingerbread Party with real gingerbread houses and people.
Dec 4th Church Christmas Party
Dec 5th Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints Christmas Devotional with sugar cookies with Grandma and Grandpa afterwords. You can watch it here if you missed it.
So far, so good. Yea, I think I can keep this up. I'm just beginning, if you have suggestions, I'd love to read them.

4 comments:

Kristyn said...

Watch a Xmas movie with pocorn adn hot chocolate. Read Xmas stories by the tree. The boat parade in Tempe Town Lake. Drop off sweets to neighbors. Do a service. Secret Santa (that's like 12 days though). That's all I got. Those are really similar to what we've been doing/have planned. Have fun! I know what you mean about the month slipping through your fingers!

P.S. Potential blog post: how excited you are to have a million people at your house this weekend. I'm realizing now thta could be a genuine or sarcastic post. But I hope it's genuine cuz WE are really excited!

Sharalea said...

I love love love love love love love this idea of focusing on holiday traditions/activities. I am always wishing the holidays lasted longer. Thanks for the nudge!

So far we've:
-put up our Christmas decor while dancing to Christmas music
-talked about the Christmas story while going on a "nativity scene tour" of the house
-finished "countdown blocks" and put them on display & made homemade marshmallows
-made a 5 foot 4 inch snowman
-made cookies and watched the Christmas devotional (on the wall. using Trevor's work projector)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Just read your previous post about your marathon day. Wow. I felt like you did that every day that we were there in October. No wonder you sleep so well.

As far as December goes--

Vic and I made a list of everyone we want to see/spend time with this month and things we'd like to do for them. Then we made a list of all the dates in December that we already have things planned (his work Xmas party, ward xmas party, etc). Then we filled in all the blank dates with all the people we want to see.

So far we have put up our xmas decor, gone to ward xmas party, gone bowling, xmas shopping, I've been working on a big xmas surprise (sewing something), we went to Main street and lived like tourists (rode the trolley, etc), driven around and looked at lights (don't tell--but Peter wanted to sit in the front seat and 'drive' our friend's new jeep).

Now I'm getting sleepy. Sorry I don't have better suggestions.

Jamie said...

We do a polar express night at home, it's fun:)