Monday, February 2, 2009

lol! c u 2!

The art of conversation is slipping from me. I think it's because I'm a Mom and married to a cop. I don't have meaningful adult conversation at the end of each day, or pillow talk to keep my communication skills fresh. I've even heard my self say things like, "we're going on the store" instead of "to the store". Where did that come from? I'm getting the basics wrong! Ugh! How could I be losing what I have learned so soon in life?
It doesn't help that Chris and I only have so many moments to talk from when he wakes up and is off to work, or he's home but I'm off on errands with kids. It sometimes feels like the end of a car commercial... "2.99%financingandGrantneedsnewgipants,Haileyimprovedonhertest,Jack needstotalktoyouaboutabully,butyouneedtobringitupwithhim, whatdoyouwantmetodowiththepropanetankandwehaveababysitterforthursdaynight
ifyourpagerdoesn'tgoeofffirst! Say that really fast! Yup that's it!
I am always trying to rack my brain to tell him things from most important to least important and not leave anything out that would otherwise just come out during the course of a conversation. That way when we get interupted at least the most important things are discussed. It kills me when I've told him something twice, like I've used up a life-line in a game show and only have so much time left. Will I win the million or run out of time.
Maybe I should learn police code so I can just tell him there's a 918 101 at home you need to talk to, what's your eta (estimated time of arrival). Or better yet, I could use texting language and lol with my bff.
None of this is helping my communication skills. (Not to mention, I'm so slow at texting).It ends up making my conversation choppy and hurried. Where's an English immersion course when you need one? Do you think they would let me in?

3 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

Honey, you're my favorite 918 101.

paynejandj said...

I call U soon- o' U call me

marlenegetsmail said...

Jen, I can relate to you really well. Thanks for letting reality show. Love MOm