Monday, February 23, 2009

B & B


Chris and I celebrated our 13th year together by going up to flagstaff and skiing for the weekend. We had such a blast that even locking our keys in the car after a day of skiing didn't ruin the day. (Sorry about that honey!) I had brought my MP3 player and listened a bit while we skied. On one run, weaving in and out the song 'Everlasting Love' by Howard Jones played in the back ground. I smiled to think of Chris and I, and how far we've come. We skied for our honeymoon which really means that Chris skied down and then waited for me to come sliding in. I've worked hard to change that and now only slide some of the time. ;)
The highlight of our weekend came after a day of skiing when we checked into our Bed and Breakfast. The Starlight Pines is a Victorian Style home with fireplaces and claw foot tubs in each bathroom. We stayed in the 'dragon fly' room, named for its antique furnishings and dragon flie patterns on everything. Even the Tiffany lamp had dragon flies on it. The owners, Richard and Micheal thought of everything, with campaign flutes and sparkling cider in our room. Breakfast was gourmet 'egg towers' and asparagus. I'd give you the recipe but really, you just need to take a weekend and go try them for yourself. I highly recommend this B&B. If you've never tried one, they're great! (No, I don't work for Flagstaff's tourism board.)
Part of the charm of a B&B are meeting other guest who are also staying there. One such guest was a man named Klaus who is Dutch and lives in St. Martins. We had a fun conversation over breakfast and then had a morning nap before the Woodland ward meeting at 11:00. Its always fun to visit other wards and to know the church and our brothers and sisters are the same everywhere.

3 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

what's a campaign flute? Something Obama played while he was running for Pres. to lure all the snakes in to vote for him?

Happy Anniversary. Wow. Thirteen years. That's crazy. 8 more years and we'll be caught up to you...

Oh wait.

You are such an amazing couple. WE LOVE YOU

Anonymous said...

Jenny you're a great skier. I've seen it! I doubt you had a hard time keeping up.

Jenny said...

Ok, my spell check gets fired for not recognizing what I REALLY meant!