Friday, April 3, 2009

the little things

I found this little lady in my yard. When I first saw her, I thought she was a button. I'd never seen a lady bug so big and red, she didn't seem real. But she clamored over blades of grass on her way to some garden party for which she was dressed up. I was happy to meet her acquaintance even if it meant that I had been pulling wretched weeds from my yard at the time. She didn't seem to mind the weeds and at the moment, neither did I. My kids still have fun in their private yard so they must agree with the lady bug. Maybe I will forget the weeds and take care of the little ones in my life. Enjoy your garden party Lady, and I'll enjoy mine.

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

I love ladybugs! And I love that your lady friend was on her way to a garden party. The garden party of life...ahhh...we should be partying more!!

Thanks for the sweet spring perspective.

marlenegetsmail said...

Jenny, I hope you are printing these blogs out. This would make a book or at least part of your history. Your grandchildren would love to read them, trust me. MOm