Tuesday, April 21, 2009

your Challange


If you are reading this and have not yet been married, skip it and go to the next blog.

When I lived in New York, I meet a great gal named Liz Fuller. During one of our girls night chats, she told me of a challenge to make love with your husband everyday for a month. I wanted to try it, but then the laundry, kids, fatigue, head aches, jerky husband...
Then my husband joined the Police Force and the choice was no longer mine to decide. He worked some nights, slept days and the vicious cycle never ended. Poor pitiful me! Have you ever seen LadyHawk? She's a hawk by day and human at night. He's human by day and a wolf by night. Somehow they never connect. (In the above picture I can imagine him wondering if the hawk would try to scratch his eyes out if he tried to kiss her.) Great love story.
A couple of weeks ago my husband informed me he had training for a week and would be off work around 6 every night that week. Somehow (and that's a big somehow) I remembered Liz's challenge. Could I do it? With now 4 kids, a dog and so much going on, would it even be possible. Would I be up to the challenge? How could I pass it up, I had just been told I got my husband back, for a week at least. So last week while he trained by day, I schemed for the night.
Do you want to hear a secret? It was fabulous! A few 'quickies' mixed in and by the end of the week, I was flexing muscles I didn't know I had- Sex muscles! The amazing part was near the end of the week when I didn't feel quite as stresses about things and he seemed more attentive to my needs! We were connecting again. If you are a fan of sex like I am, you've probably read about all the healthy perks of a healthy sex life. I believe its true and more. It creates a healthy marriage and vies versa.
It was a great week.
(Thanks Liz. Hope you get your husband back too! And Liz, and Joy and all of us wives who have to live with out our husbands at times.)

6 comments:

Pack of Robinsons said...

Wow, nobody was brave enough to comment on this one. Cowards...

Kristy said...

Well, I guess I could comment that I thought Jenny's "glow" on that Friday was from our trip to the Temple. Little did I know.....

Pack of Robinsons said...

HA, Ha, Ha! Any glow is a good glow-Kristy!

Kristyn said...

I have a lot i could say about this, but I'm married to your brother Jenny. That just seems weird. Maybe in person we'll talk. :) Remind me and I'll say something then. (Maybe I'm worried about Chris and others reading this???)

Pack of Robinsons said...

Kristyn, I'll call you! This is a sensitive subject and I appreciate your discretion. It is nice to hear thought on the matter to gain ideas and understanding.

paynejandj said...

I just read this! I love it. I guess some lady wrote a book about sex every day for a year. I have been thinking about it. A year... wow, now that is a challenge. Unless you are a newly wed. I think it was every day at the least and sometimes 3 times a day that first year.

Did I ever tell you how much I love that movie? The sound of leather moving, being worn on a man's body- totally turns me on! And that is because of this movie.

Hey... if we are getting personal here...

(and I want to know Kristyn's confession too!)