Thursday, November 1, 2012

A month of Thanks

To take from my wonderful sister-in-law Molly Jackson (check her out!), there are so many things to be thankful for. So I'm starting my month of thanks with Prayer.
#1
Prayers of Gratitude
I started this great institute class where the teacher suggested to pray to see things that we don't normally give thanks for in our lives but are there none the less. I tried it and I loved it! I continue to love it and am surprised at the tiniest things that I don't think about but that really make such a difference in my life.  I have had so many wonderful experiences, for example...
One evening I was preparing for a devotional and found a small sentence in a manual. It talked about adaptations that could be made for certain church activities and meetings in places where it was not safe to travel at night or on weekends or where bus and other transportation could be interrupted because of  violence or political unrest.  
My 13 year old son goes to a week day activity each Wednesday, often walking with friends and I don't worry about a road side bomb keeping him from getting there. How blessed am I?  We have such a great support in our church of classes, activities, meetings, friends who visit and all of it takes place safely and routinely because of my address.  I don't even worry about snow (sorry Molly)
And that was just one of my experiences in praying for true perspective in all of my blessings.  I love how the Lord answers Prayers with more blessing and more insight and I'm grateful for the chance to pray to Heavenly Father.  'Course this really could be labeled 'revelation' or 'location' or 'evocation', or what else ends in tion?
I've got 30 days and how will I fit it all in?

No comments: