Friday, November 2, 2012

#2

My husband. This isn't just a 'yada yada spouses are great kinda' post.  I love my husband but let me tell you one reason why. He has such an even personality, it takes a lot to really get his feathers ruffled. When trials come, as they do and I am struggling and wondering if this will ever end, he is very calm and can always tell me things are going to be OK, even if he may not be sure about it himself.  He reminds me of the scene in Princess Bride (celebrating 25 years of movie greatness) when Buttercup and Sweat Wesley are in the fire swamp. After the sand pit and the fire, Buttercup is just sure they will not make it out alive (I relate some days) and even after Wesley has seen the ROUS's (in our case Rowdy Offspring of Unusual Sounds) , he still assures her that they will be fine.
Yep, that's my husband. And so I am thankful for how he can smooth out bumps in life and still be as sexy as he as shown above.  He is a big reason for my sanity and peace and although I once wished he would open up more about what worries him, I am glad he stays the rock in our relationship.
P.S. Did I mention he didn't complain when I convinced everyone a desert hike in October's 90 degree weather would be fun!

No comments: