Sunday, March 8, 2009

Meet Judy, and then say goodbye.


My local grocery store is closing down. After being a part of the neighborhood for 26 years, the Bashas around the corner is closing its doors because it competitive enough. Bashas is a local store in Arizona, started by a local family 75 years ago. It is a great example of how capitalism really should work and even though there are other branches that are still open, we are sad to see ours close.
Judy has worked there for as long as I have shopped there. She is always cheerful and happy while she does her job. Don't you love people who can do their job, even seemingly mundane jobs, and still be happy. I am always impressed with that attitude about life. I resolve when I go through her line that if she is happy while working, that I can be happy because I get to stay home with my kids. (But I need that reminder often, so what will I do without her?)
Do not despair. Judy and several of her co-workers will be going to another store. Judy informed me that she will be working in Fountain Hills. Its not closer to her home she says, but she loves the city and has always wanted to wrok there. How cool for her. Good-bye Judy and good-bye to our Bashas.
BTW, if your in the neighborhood, I put up a Thank You poster by the door, sign it and tell them how you feel.

1 comment:

paynejandj said...

That is really cool. Has anyone signed your poster?