Sunday, September 5, 2010

It's a Girl!

I am the proud parent of a Foster Baby! Ashley was born August 22nd, addicted to Meth. She is cute as a button and a true angle with very little withdraw symptoms. Its been a dream of mine to foster and we are love the experience so far. Our family has taken to her easily and now even our boxer feels protective of her. We are asked often if we plan to adopt her, but I tell people; "I am not in charge of her future, so I don't make plans for her." I am just in charge of loving and caring for her and that is enough. Our greatest source of info is my sister-in-law Stephanie, who has fostered several children and adopted three. She reminds us that Jesus know what her future should be and where she will end up, and so we trust that he will protect her and guide her life. We're just lucky enough to be able to give her a good start. She has a concerned team of case workers and while the system isn't perfect, at least she had people looking out for her. We've never seen the bio parents so we can only dream of what she will look like- but angel is a good description of her so far.

2 comments:

Sharalea said...

I've been aching for more details, I need to give you a call so we can chat newborns! :) Thanks for sharing some more details on Ashley--she sounds like an angel and what an awesome piece of heaven she has found in YOUR home. What a blessing to be able to give her that love! Can't wait to hear more about her!

Kristyn said...

My hat goes off to you - and your SIL! I think that's awesome! Don't forget to not push yourself too hard, that beginning newborn stage can be crazy!

PS My verification word is tinkle. Ha ha ha. I'm working with a toddler all day, excuse the elementary school humor.