Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Somethings my mother told me:
Brush your hair before you go out.
Iron your cloths, they look better.
Watch out for your younger siblings.
Do your chores.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is the true church.
Her favorite color is pink.
The answer is NO!

Somethings my mother didn't say, but I learned anyway:
Sometimes you'll have a bad hair day even after you've brushed it, so cope!
If you wear lots of t-shirts, you can skip ironing.
You also need to watch out for your older-siblings, and they in turn are watching out for you.
Doing chores stinks even when you are an adult.
Not only is the Church of Jesus Christ true, but it will also make you happy!
Surrounding your self with your favorite color makes you happy (thus a pink dinning room).
Sometimes Mom can't give you the answer even though at times you really wish she could.

Mom, thank you for the things you said, and the things you didn't. I learned to become my own person and trust my self. I hear your voice in my words and you know what, their still true. If only my kids knew it too!
Happy Mothers Day!

1 comment:

marlenegetsmail said...

Oh, Jenny, I should have commented last week. I loved what you said. You make me look good. Yes the church is true and you are a" gift" to me. Whats your favorite color? Some of the guilt I feel now is because I am not the same person. I can clearly see my mistakes. Biggest mistake, I should have enjoyed my kids more. You were wonderful. Love Mom