Monday, July 20, 2009

Laverne's

I don't know about every woman, but I know a lot of us have beauty secrets, things we do to feel beautiful. One of mine is eye brow waxing, and I try to stay up on that as much as possible, to avoid looking like Bert from Sesame Street. I just feel framed better when I get that done. There is a nail place on Lindsay Road in Mesa, AZ that my sister introduced me to that is inexpensive, and close. And with their strong Vietnamese accents, always fun to go to. Today I noticed a sign in the window that announced they are closed on Sundays. When I asked Laverne about it, she told me that the store was in a Mormon area and that they were very quite on Sundays, so no point. I asked her if she lived in that Mormon neighborhood, No. I asked if she had ever been to those Mormon's church, No. She told me she had been raised Catholic by her Catholic parents who were converted in Vietnam, but that she was a 'lazy' Catholic. I mentioned that now that she didn't work on Sundays she had time to go to church, but our time was up and the conversation ended.
Homework for readers:
If you ever want to get your nails done, or eyebrows waxed (or mustache, I wont tell), go to Laverne's. She does great pedicures I hear and I'm hoping to go there on a date some Saturday with my husband, he's on his feet just as much as I and would really enjoy it! Ask her about church. Who knows were it will go. And any establishment that honors the sabbath should be blessed with business the rest of the week, especially from those Mormons! I'll tell you what I find out in 6 weeks when I go back for my eyebrow waxing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man I love Laverne's! Good for them. I've gotten some "work" (hey, I dont wax and tell) done there. It's a nice little joint. I shall revisit them when I come back down there.