Thursday, July 23, 2009

The happiest poisoning I have ever had

OK, so it's the only poisoning I have ever had and really since I'm not a doctor, I can't even be sure of that. But this had all the symptoms of food poisoning and I had it fierce! You don't want details. I lay on the floor most of the day, because I didn't have the strength to get back in bed and Mackay was happier (read: quieter) if I was close to him. While I laid there I couldn't help but remark to my self that this was one of the best sicknesses I'd ever had.
It's summer so I didn't need to get the kids from the bus stop, I had the means to call my daycare client and call in a sick day, I have a son who can make French Toast for dinner, and I had no obligations what so ever that couldn't wait a day. I didn't have to go down to a well to fetch water, I had a toilet in my very own Master bedroom. I lay on a nice carpet in air conditioning comfort and I had a trustworthy doctor as back-up in case this was more than I could handle. I even had a puppy who came and laid beside me to keep me company. I had a good husband who took the kids swimming for a while so I could sleep and good kids who played on their own (even in the middle of no TV week).
I know, so I'm making you all jealous about how good my life is but really, in between pukes- I knew I had it easy.

7 comments:

Kristy said...

I am so sorry you were so sick!!! You are an amazing person to see the "bright side" to everything. Will you teach my son to make french toast? You never cease to amaze me.

Kristy said...

Oh, did I miss another "pop quiz"?

Sharalea said...

What a LEMONS-to-LEMONADE perspective! I love it, thank you for sharing your grateful heart. I am so sorry you have been sick! Sounds TERRIBLE & I hate being sick as a Mommy! I hope you are feeling much better...

Pack of Robinsons said...

Kristy, What do you mean 'Pop Quiz'?

Kristy said...

No TV week - thought maybe the Bishop gave us another "pop quiz".

Jenny said...

no, just my own quirky summer tradition.

paynejandj said...

So what did you eat??? All the desserts when no one was looking? :)

Joy