Sunday, August 15, 2010

don't mow the lawn in your best bra

My son Grant had a 'get to know you' project his first week of school and had to come up a motto for his school year.
Always have Fun!

That's Grant in a nutshell. It was a great idea from his teacher and I've been trying to think up a good motto for myself. There is the "Goonies" motto- Never say Die! Or Peter Pan's, "Never Grow up". Great Grandpa Alex always said "Food is Fun". Proverb's are always good to live by- "Happy is the man that findeth wisdom." Or 'A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.' - Albert Einstein
One I'm really leaning to: "Chance favors the prepared mind.' - Louis Pasteur"
So what are your motto's? What words of wisdom keep you on your path of progression. Let's hear them!

1 comment:

Josh and Dana Carpenter said...

Lately I have tried to apply "people are more important than things" to my kids. For awhile it seemed that they were so afraid to be punished for spilling, making a mess or something like that. Why yell and make a child cry when it costs a paper towell to clean it up?

Or another, "tell me what you spend your time doing and I'll tell you what your priorities are."