Thursday, August 29, 2013

Roller Coster ride

Things had been going well...  Our little ones have meet their new family, but to them, they have meet 'friends' of ours. They trusted them instantly because the Adoptive Family were our friends. Play dates, sleep overs, fun, gifts. Yep it was a great two weeks. Things had been going well. Then just as we were preparing to get official, we found out that Mom has recruited her father to step in and offer to take custody. 
     Sure, family is always a first choice... a YEAR ago! They have seen him once in that time and he waits till now to step forward?!  But this is normal and so we are on hold. Adoptive Family is still willing but they are on hold as well.  Grandpa has to check out, prove suitable and all that will take time.  We met recently with our 'team' and decided to back off the frequency of the visits and over nighters until thing are decided (again).  All 'parents' concerned came away feeling raw and confused. It was so much to absorb in one blow I found myself playing with our kids during the meeting just to find focus and block out all the feelings squeezing through me.  Just when we had seen them safely into their future, there is a real chance they will be sucked back into the life they had before. 
I've tried to contact the kids very uninvolved legal guardian, I've written a letter to the judge and I've prayed fervently. We are fasting for them on Sunday if anyone would like to add their fast and prayers to ours.
This morning I did something I haven't done in months. I woke up at 5am and went for a run.  I ached in a few old places and some new places but had a great time and felt refreshed. I tried to clean, organize and anchor my self and my spirit. Tomorrow our cuties come back from their visit with their Adoptive Family and we continue on just as we have.  We will be their safe haven for as long as we can. We will give them routine. We will love them. We will deal with tantrums and use each moment to teach. And we will pray that their life lessons wont be as hard as some children really experience day to day.
Pray for them.

No comments: