Monday, May 30, 2011

Naune


Naune is as cute as a button! We are loving his presence in our home and are adjusting to all the changes. From the beginning he just started playing with everyone and I hear the small whisper that says my family's current stage is just right for foster children. He called me Mom right away and has a large vocabulary (including some not so great words). It was only around day three when he wept in his sleep for mommy, that we saw signs of his home sickness. Other things started popping up later as well and we have managed them as they came. My least favorite words of his are 'I don't care' which he heard entirely to often, I believe and I always respond with 'Well, I care!"
After a week he learned to fold his arms and be quiet during family prayer. Taking him to our church was exciting, and I really appreciate people who come up and ask about him as opposed to the confused stares. I'm still waiting to use the line "I don't know who his father was!" but I doubt I'll get to.
I'm not sure that he's ever swam before and so we try to often. Boy do we really stick out at the pool! Naune and my white/blonde son swimming with me are quite a salt and pepper pair. We are still learning so much and enjoying everyday of this. But Naune is such a cool kid, it's hard not to like the experience.

3 comments:

marlenegetsmail said...

Someday Jen,...your crown is in for repains right now so just wait, its still coming. Mom

marlenegetsmail said...

I mean repairs.

Pack of Robinsons said...

I totally got you Mom. I knew I would be getting repains anyway. As if labor isn't enough, they then become teenagers!