Sunday, September 12, 2010

chasing the dreaming

So yes, I have hit the wall. And I wonder, 'what is wrong with me' until I remember, oh yea, I haven't slept solid for more than four hours. I've been so busy with the newness of fostering along with my own life, I'd forgotten how a mom is supposed to take it easy for the first little while. As ever, Chris is wonderful to take a few nights of feeding on his nights off. That's new for us since all our children were nursed.
Our case manager comes by once a week right now and goes through her list of questions. One is, "are you experiencing any added stress in or out of the home?" I laugh inwardly at this one. Our case worker has been at the Foster agency since May. She still has an NAU parking sticker on her SUV. I can't see my self telling her that Gilbert citizens are not voting to raise Public Safety $$, I haven't reached my goal of Mother of the Year yet and my toddler has chosen to hit the terrible two's now-when he's two (weird huh?). "No, no added stress" I smile serenely. (or is that tiredly?)
I can't complain because my sister in law Molly has trouble sleeping all the time, but I'm used to sleeping like a rock. Chris always jokes that someone could break in and steal my pajamas and I wouldn't know it. Through all of this, I am still glad to share the love our family has and wouldn't back out. Especially since my wonderful son offered to feed her while I wrote this blog. This is good, for all of us.

6 comments:

marlenegetsmail said...

Wow, you say that so well. This is wisdom of experience comeing through. You know what stress is and what you just have to do inspite of it. And you son is feeding the baby! you are a super Mom in my book. Love, Your Mom

Sharalea said...

You are doing an amazing thing, Jenny! You are giving that baby girl the time and love that she was born to enjoy! Remember to take naps when you can...leave things until tomorrow...cuddle her even when the kitchen sink is calling...


(all things I am having to remind MYSELF on a daily basis!!)

And the 2 year old tantrum thing...mine has just now figured out that if I'm nursing he can *just about* get away with anything!! BAH!!

Anyway-back to you. The sleep will come, the calm will come--for now, you are being lifted by unseen angels!

paynejandj said...

Great to talk to you! You ARE a great MOM! I am glad for the reminders as we gear up for the newborn stage again too.

Jamie said...

Joy just sent me your link. I am so excited for you guys!! That is a lucky little girl.I agree with Stephanie, the Lord has a plan for these kids and if they are meant to be yours they will be. We have been blesed to have 6 of our 8 stay and it looks like all 8 may be ours.

Stephanie Briggs said...

jenny...i know how you feel honey. i drove home with lola when she was only 4lbs. she was so sick and i didnt think she would live through the night. i had 3 other kids at home, jorian was only 9 months old and i was alone. it was raining and i cried the whole way home. i couldnt imagine why god was doing this to me. what did i do to deserve this? it was the hardest time in my life....but now i dont see it as my bad luck. its the greatest plan that the lord knew was right for me. i made it! i did it! i would do it all over again 10 times for her. lola is the greatest and i cant live 1 day without my daughter. you will make it jenny!!!!!you will look back and only see how you fullfilled your promise to these kids. they are trusting in you to help them on there journey. some may stay and some may go but all will touch you.....call me anytime love steph

Jenny said...

thanks for the encouragement!